Tuesday, 17 November 2020, 19:37:13
Today, at a meeting of the Interdepartmental Commission chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Yeraly Tugzhanov, specific measures were developed to counter the spread of COVID-19 in within the framework of these instructions of the Head of State Kassym-Jomart Tokayev dated Nov. 16, 2020.
Based on the results of the meeting, the following decisions were made:
1. The work of public transport must be synchronized with other types of activities. In the regions located in the "green zone", the work of public transport during the week is extended until 11 p.m.
In the regions located in the "yellow zone", the work of public transport is extended until 11 p.m., excluding weekends and holidays.
2. From Nov. 21, 2020, restrictions on the operating time of business entities whose activities do not have direct contact with visitors should be excluded: express cars (takeaway food), car washes, car service and repair stations, sewing workshops, objects for the repair of household appliances, shoes, dry cleaners, laundries, repair of phones, computers, watches.
3. Until Nov. 21, 2020, it is instructed to prepare an additional list of business facilities with a low level of contact with the population to resume their activities without time constraints.
4. Until Nov. 21, 2020, it is instructed to adopt a normative legal act differentiating sanitary violations of business entities according to the severity of the offense committed (minor, significant, gross).
5. Resolutions of the Chief State Sanitary Physicians of the Republic of Kazakhstan and regions are instructed to be adopted 3 days before the introduction of restrictive measures. This will enable the business to prepare in advance for possible new restrictions.
6. It is instructed to accelerate the development and start of production of the domestic vaccine against COVID-19.
7. Akimats of the East Kazakhstan and North Kazakhstan regions, within ten days, should take comprehensive measures to stabilize the epidemiological situation for their exit from the "red" zone.
8. In order to ensure the transparency of statistical data in the health sector, it was instructed to complete the integration of laboratories conducting PCR studies on COVID-19 within a week.
9. Until Nov. 21, 2020, the staffing of the intensive care units of hospitals must be checked, if necessary, prompt measures to replenish them must be taken.
10. Until Nov. 21, 2020, a thorough monitoring of the situation in the regions must be conducted to form a reserve of medicines and medical devices.
11. The development of the draft Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Biological Safety Issues must be accelerated for ensuring its submission to the Majilis Parliament by the end of the current session.
12. Full readiness for the operational deployment of military hospital beds must be ensured.
Following the meeting, the deputy prime minister gave a number of other instructions in terms of reducing prices for medicines, price regulation of medicines and medical devices, determining mechanisms for guaranteed supply of raw materials to domestic mask manufacturers, etc.