Monday, 01 June 2020, 18:57:20
On June 1, 2020, Deputy Prime Minister Yeraly Tugzhanov chaired a conference call with the participation of the leadership of the ministries, Atameken National Chamber of Entrepreneurs and regional akimats on the issue of resuming the tourist season in Kazakhstan.
At the meeting, it was noted that the government provided substantial state support to the industry during the emergency state in terms of exempting from property tax, payment of taxes and other payments from the wage fund and more.
Also at the legislative level, additional measures are being worked out to support the industry:
- reimbursement of up to 10% of investment in the construction, reconstruction and equipping of tourist facilities and the provision of preferences;
- subsidizing the costs of tour operators for each foreign tourist;
- reimbursement to airlines of 100% of the carriage charge for children on domestic air routes;
- reimbursement of 25% of the costs of business entities for the construction and maintenance of roadside service facilities;
- reimbursement of 25% of the costs of tour operators and travel agencies for the purchase of tourist-class vehicles.
In the framework of the State Program for the Development of the Tourism Industry for 2019-2025, from the republican budget infrastructure for 44 tourism projects worth 51.5 billion tenge was financed, which is a record level of industry support.
The meeting was informed that the resumption of the tourist season in Kazakhstan was fully prepared: algorithms for the operation of tourist facilities were developed, air routes, rail and bus transportation of passengers were launched.
Following the meeting, Tugzhanov instructed the akimats of the regions to carry out operational work on the issuance of acts of readiness of tourist facilities, the development of new tourist routes and packages, as well as strengthen work to attract investment in the field.