Ministry of Finance gave an explanation on what documents are required in order to legalize the property located on the territory of Kazakhstan and abroad.

To legalize the property located on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, it is necessary to apply to the Commission for legalization under the District Akimat. To perform this procedure, one must submit an application and a copy of the identity card. In case of real estate legalization, a certified expert view is further provided on conformity of the object to building regulations, as well as the technical data sheet of the property. It has been announced by Deputy Finance Minister Ardak Tengebayev.

Following documents are required for legalization of property located outside the Republic of Kazakhstan:

1) an application to carry out legalization of property in duplicate of approved form;

2) a copy of the identity document, showing the original while filing of an application;

3) a notarized copy of the document of title to the property;

4) a document confirming original cost or assessed valuation of the property;

5) a document confirming payment of the fee (10% of original cost of assets or assessed valuation of the property. Moreover, if the value of the property is in foreign currency, it is converted into KZT at the official exchange rate set by the National Bank on the date of submission of application).

Documents issued in a foreign language must be submitted with a notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian languages​​.

If one applies for legalization of property located outside the Republic of Kazakhstan as well as located there, there will a mismatch of the documents submitted to legal requirements, and the documents are returned to the subject for improvement. At eliminating the causes that gave rise to the return of documents, the subject of legalization has the right to re-apply during a given period for legalization. Statement by the subject of legalization is considered by the commission within 30 calendar days, then the decision on legalization or refusal to legalize the property is made.


Published: 16 September 2014



Blogs of government agencies executives