Friday, 24 September 2021, 09:30:19
Today Deputy Prime Minister Yeraly Tugzhanov held a special meeting on the execution of the instructions of the Head of State regarding countering drug crime and drug addiction in the country.
“The problem of drug crime and drug addiction is very relevant today. Unfortunately, young people are becoming the main users of new synthetic drugs. Only this year 5 thousand drug offenses were detected in the country with an increase of 8.5%. We need systemic measures to combat this phenomenon,” Tugzhanov noted.
Law enforcement and sectoral state bodies are instructed to:
- to suppress drug-related crimes in telecommunication networks, incl. committed using Internet bots and other automated programs;
- to create a balanced system of primary prevention of drug addiction with the establishment of effective state and social control;
- to improve the methods of treatment of drug addicted people, to improve the material and technical equipment of state drug dispensaries of territorial bodies of forensic examination;
- to expand the use of remote sensing systems in order to identify foci of growth of drug-containing plants;
- to take measures to prevent the import of drugs from abroad.
Following the meeting, the Deputy Prime Minister instructed to form an Interdepartmental Working Group to develop systemic measures to counter drug crime and drug addiction in the country.