Wednesday, 29 January 2020, 16:01:24
The Interdepartmental Commission under the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan adopted a number of additional protective measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Kazakhstan:
- from Jan. 29, 2020, passenger bus services between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the PRC are suspended;
- from Feb. 1, 2020, passenger trains on the routes between the Republic of Kazakhstan and China are suspended;
- from Feb. 3, 2020, regular air traffic between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the PRC is suspended;
- the issuance of visas to Chinese citizens has been suspended;
- the proposal of the International Tennis Federation to transfer the qualifying matches of the Federation Cup from Dongguan of the PRC to Nur-Sultan from Feb. 4 to 8, 2020, was rejected, and the Asian water polo qualifying championship from Feb. 12 to 16, 2020, was canceled.
The commission monitors the situation around the clock. As of Jan. 29, 2020, in the Republic of Kazakhstan, cases of coronavirus infection were not registered. This issue is under special control of the country's leadership.